Post Op Forms: Laser Resurfacing Post Op
Post Care Instructions
Please read the instructions carefully and please call the office with any questions or concerns! Thank you !
Elevate your head and back using several pillows for the first 1-2 days after your procedure. The elevation will lessen swelling and therefore reduce pain.
(A) During your first post-operative day, you should rest and keep your head elevated. Do not stay in bed all day.
(B) Avoid bending over or lifting more than 5 pounds during the first 3 days.
(C) Take extra precautions to protect your head and neck from bumps, hits or injuries.
You may shower or bathe as usual after the first 24 hours.
You may apply cosmetics when the skin stops “weeping” usually around the fourth day. DO NOT apply to soon as this may delay wound healing or become lodged in the wound and produce a tattoo.
Low intensity walking is permitted on the second day. No swimming, gym, or strenuous activities for one week. No diving or skiing for one month.
Protect the facial skin from any sun exposure, avoid sun at all times. The exposure treated area will be very susceptible to sun exposure and damage can occur. After the treated area is completely healed you may go out with a sun block of 30 SPF or greater.
Prescription Pain Medication- Take one tablet when you arrive home. Additional tablets may be taken once every 4-6 hours as needed for pain.
CAUTION: Do not drive or operate machinery while taking pain medications. Take with food or liquid to avoid nausea.
Other Pain Medications- Tylenol may be taken as directed in place of Prescription pain medications. Avoid all other pain medications (e.g., aspirin, aleve, and ibuprofen) as they may cause excessive bleeding.
NOTE: If your physician has prescribed anti-viral medications, such as Zovirax, or Valtrex, please take as directed.
Laser Peel Face Wash Instructions
Take care of your newly resurfaced skin by using this Micropeel Face wash:
Aquaphore/Aquasonic Ultrasound gel
Normal Saline (may be purchased at your pharmacy/or mix
1tsp. salt to 1 qt. water) or Distilled Water
- Mix 1 Tsbp. Vinegar with 1 cup of saline or distilled water in a small container. (DISCARD each time, do not save or re-use.)
- Use gauze soaked in vinegar solution to gently remove aquaphore gel twice daily. Any scabs should be gently soaked off if possible. DO NOT PICK OR RUB TO REMOVE DEAD SKINS OR SCABS, as it may increase the risk of scarring. You should continue to keep treated areas moist with aquaphore gel during the healing period while the skin is weeping or oozing.
- Cover all resurfaced areas with aquaphore – DO NOT allow ANY area to dry out or scab over. Keep the treated area moist with the gel at all times until healed.
- Do not apply any bandages or other materials to the surgical area unless otherwise instructed.
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Triple Antibiotic ointment (Neosporin, etc.)
PLEASE REPORT ANY OF THE FOLLOWING TO OUR OFFICE:
- Sudden or excessive bleeding, swelling, or bruising.
- Any itching, rash or reaction to medications.
- Fever, temperature over 100 degrees (taken orally).
FAITHFULLY ADHERENCE TO PRE-OPERATIVE AND POST-OPERATIVE INSTRUCTIONS WILL HELP MINIMIZE SWELLING, PAIN, AND DISCOMFORT. IF YOU DO HAVE PROBLEMS, PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT OUR OFFICE FOR ASSISTANCE AT Leesburg Office Phone Number (703) 729-0077. THANK YOU !!!!